Alot of us parents of allergy kids and even our selves with allergies may read all labels on our foods though do you read lables on your skin care and soaps, cosmetics, and “personal care” products ????
Unfortunately, ingredients are listed using their Latin names, which may not be instantly familiar.
An example is “arachis oil,” which is the International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI) name for peanut oil.
So As a exercise go have a look at your products you have around the house and READ THE LABELS it might shock you not to mention the dangerous ingredients that they are full of that arent a ALLERGEN ....
Is your Personal products making you SICK???
Below some common food ingredients that you may read on products ...
• Avocado (Persea gratissim)
• Bitter almond (Prunus amara)
• Brazil nut (Bertholletia excelsa)
• Coconut (Cocos nucifera)
• Cod-liver oil (Gadi iecur)
• Egg (Ovum)
• Hazelnut (Corylus rostrata/americana/avellana)
• Melon (Cucumis melo)
• Milk (Lac)
• Mixed fish oil (Piscum iecur)
• Pea (Pisum sativum)
• Peanut oil (Arachis oil)
• Sesame (Sesamum indicum)
• Soy (Glycine soja)
• Sweet almond or almond oil (Prunus dulcis)
• Walnut (Juglans regia/nigra)
This sure wasn't one of the first things I myself thought of when we started our Allergy journey hence why wanted to share.