At the start of our kids being diagnose it sure was like a breathe taking experience the thought of not being able to celebrate Easter the way in which i could as a child.
I so remember being spoilt by not only the Easter bunny yet also parents and lots of family friends and family as well. I think some years we had enough to last a year... and having 3 under 4 years at the time when we had to go so strict because of Anaphylaxis it sure was hard to think of where from here and how can i experience and enjoy Easter with my own kids yet keeping them safe.
So here I am writing as so many kids are being diagnosed daily with severe allergies and even severe Intolerances and if i remember clearly our minds are so in survival mode that hard to think of ideas we can use instead of chocolate for Easter.
Some non food ideas for Easter
* I found that smuggles ( the company) bring out a easter range that easter related such as plastic eggs with rubber in each.
* Can use stickers easter ones on non easter ones and buy some of the little plastic eggs that open and fill them with sticker or even depending on age the little fluffy chickens in the eggs. We also put tiny toy inside the eggs.
* Can also buy around cheap shops or Big W which found today the foam little eggs that come with things to decorate them they are around $4 and comes in a half egg carton.
* There are some toy companies that have toy eggs that can be filled with animals or even shapes and use for game of memories etc.
* Can buy plastic eggs or rabbits to paint as easter gift.
* Wind up eggs, chickens or rabbits.
* PJs can be bought for easter gift too depending on season where you are here in Australia its heading into Winter so our kids normally need new ones.
* Easter safe Cupcakes with the cute little easter cupcake holders and flags you can buy now, or cupcake boxes that are easter themed.
* Little soft bunny rabbits.
* Free colouring pages from online i found some links here is one of them http://www.kidspot.com.au/slideshow/kids-activity-sheets--easter-colouring-pages+118.htm
* Easter baskets filled with:
- Wooden, plaster, plastic or foam eggs
- Easter-themed stuffed animals
- Small action figures, dolls or animal figurines
- Jewellery, sunglasses, hats and hair items
- Key chains, toy cars or other collectibles
- Stickers, stamps, markers, paints, coloring
- books and craft items.
* Can also buy Easter books i saw easter barbie books
* Can help celebrate easter with a easter tree by placing branches in vase and decorating with easter decorations.
* You can play pin FluffyTail on the bunny.
* Egg and spoon races yet with plastic eggs, can put a toy in it or just use it with a weight like a marble inside.
* Easter Hunt without chocolate eggs, again using different plastic ones that you can either hide a message inside or a toy of choice, such as stickers , or bouncy balls, little bottles of bubbles, plastic toy animals or toy cars.
Also last few years we put glow sticks inside the eggs and hid them outside at night, it sure was effective and our kids loved it.
* Make eater baskets with your kids or Bonnet.
Food related activities
* Bake egg, rabbit , or chicken shaped cookies that are safe for your child's needs
* Make your own home made chocolates or eggs shapes out of safe chocolate option for your allergy child or adult.
* Jelly in rabbit moulds or marshmallow rabbits with the rabbit mould you can buy.
The above are some awesome options that you can use to make your Easter feel exactly that your child is feeling not left out. Who said allergy kids have to miss out.
Also there are Allergy aware companies that are supplying allergen free eggs , you just have to be careful to contact them if ordering online to make sure these are safe for your child.
Places like Coles and Woolworths are Trying to be aware and have tried to create a range yet won't always suit all of us that have kids with the multiple allergies.
Some links to online business's that have allergy aware products and a range for easter, some are over seas yet have Australian stockists lists.
Allergy Train - have easter range
Kinnerton - nut free
Plamil - Uk yet have ranges available in Australia (no nuts)
(available at my local organic shop Kunara on the Sunshine Coast) http://www.kunara.com.au
Sweet Williams - nut free ranges
So overall I really hope that you find a Idea for your allergy child or adult and have a fantastic Happy and Safe Easter break with your families. I also look forward to writing blogs more often.
Please feel free to come and like my Facebook page and follow my post that are regular there and or follow me on Instagram, twitter :) and or share other ideas with us all too :)
Contact me on :